iBwave Solutions Inc. Data Protection Notice
iBwave Solutions Inc. (“iBwave,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to safeguarding your personal data. “Personal data” means any information, either on its own or when combined with other information, that can identify an individual. This privacy notice describes what types of personal data we collect, how we process your personal data and what choices you have related to the processing of your personal data. By using the iBwave web site or iBwave products and services, including iBwave Design, iBwave Mobile, iBwave Unity, iBwave Licensing Manager, the iBwave Customer Portal, and the iBwave Wave Runners Community (described throughout as “iBwave products and services”), you agree to this data protection notice.
i. Collection and use of personal data
iBwave collects personal data, including name, address, phone number, email address, and IP address, in connection with your use of our website and/or our products and services. For example, we collect personal data when you:
- Visit our website.
- Use an iBwave product or service.
- Register a user account in order to use an iBwave product or service.
- Register a user account in order to become a member of the iBwave Wave Runners Community.
- Contact us for support.
- Interact with the iBwave customer portal message boards.
Interact with the iBwave Wave Runners Community. Please keep in mind that if you directly post personal data or sensitive personal data on the message boards, this data is visible to other users.
We may also collect information according to the contract(s) you sign to use iBwave products and services, including domain names, access times, machine name, network account username, facility address, facility employees, and license start and stop date and time.
If you purchase and take certification exams through our iBwave Wave Runners Community, we will also collect course purchase, registration, and completion status as well as dates associated with course activity, including expiration dates for any certifications you may attain. iBwave will only retain transaction id’s associated with purchases. Payment details are processed by an independent third party.
We may use the personal data we collect from you to:
- Personalize your user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- Process your transactions.
- Send periodic emails regarding your order.
- Provide you with offers or promotions from iBwave.
- Provide our products and services.
- Operate the systems that provide our products and services properly.
- Allow us to better serve you when responding to your customer service requests.
- Monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service.
- Manage user established accounts.
- Produce aggregated reporting and statistics related to how your accounts are used.
- Track your purchased certification course progress.
iBwave may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Marketing materials and surveys will include an option to opt-out of receiving these communications if you no longer wish to receive them.
iBwave does not have access to any of your private online communications, including personal emails or online messaging.
To continue improving our web site, we may use various types of “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web service in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time by telling the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the iBwave web site, or register with the iBwave Customer Portal site or services, a cookie helps the iBwave web site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal data, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same iBwave web site, the data you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the iBwave features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the web sites you visit.
We do not sell, share or otherwise transfer your personal data with third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- We provide your personal data to third parties, vendors, or service providers who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., marketing providers, sales lead management providers, product training providers, cloud service providers, and customer support providers).
- When required, we provide your personal data to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to iBwave; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or iBwave policies.
- We may provide your personal data to additional third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
International users of our website and iBwave products and services should be aware that iBwave reserves the right to transfer European Union (EU) personal data to other countries which do not have the same level of protection of personal data as the EU for the purposes outlined above. Data transfers to third countries are secured through appropriate contractual safeguards such as the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, adherence to the Privacy Shield for transfers to the United States, where applicable, or Binding Corporate Rules for processors. You may request and receive a copy of such documents. Refer to the “Contact us” section below.
iBwave will not share customer personal data with iBwave’s parent company, Corning Incorporated, unless you submit a request to exercise one of the individual rights with respect to your personal data, as further detailed in Section VI of this notice; a data breach requiring support from our corporate legal team, or in the case of a legal dispute related to iBwave products and services.
iv. Data retention
iBwave keeps personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with local legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
iBwave Wave Runner Community personal data is retained for no more than 2 years after your last activity within the platform.
v. iBwave data protection commitments
iBwave is committed to the following data protection principles that require personal data to be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimization’);
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals (‘storage limitation’);
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
vi. Your rights
You are allowed to obtain access to the categories of personal data that iBwave processes and can make reasonable requests to correct, amend, or delete personal data, where it is inaccurate. In the event you request that we delete the personal you have provided to us, we may retain a record of your deletion request, as well as records indicating the type of personal data deleted as evidence of our compliance with this Data Protection Notice. In certain circumstances, you can also exercise your rights to obtain the portability of your personal data or to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
In addition, you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communications at any time, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email or communication we send you. You can also update your preferences by contacting us at [email protected].
iBwave does not endorse, nor does it participate in the practice of “spamming” (sending of unsolicited promotional e-mail). If you believe you have received such a message from iBwave, please contact [email protected].
To submit any of the above mentioned requests, please contact us at [email protected] or at the mailing address listed below. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions regarding your request, and iBwave will respond to your message. In the case we are unable to complete your request, we will provide you with relevant explanations.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable regulator, including the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (www.priv.gc.ca), or an EU Supervisory Authority if you suspect that iBwave is not compliant with applicable data protection rules (refer to Section V of this notice).
vii. Children’s personal data
iBwave does not specifically market to, nor does it intend to collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian and suspect that your child has submitted personal data to iBwave, please contact us at [email protected].
viii. Security measures applicable to your personal data
iBwave implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. The same level of protection is contractually imposed by iBwave on our services providers.
iBwave's web sites may contain links to other sites not under the iBwave domain names or not owned by iBwave. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. We are not responsible for the content, security, or data protection practices employed by non-iBwave web sites. iBwave does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products or services described or offered in these other websites. iBwave encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to link to from the iBwave website so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share your data. iBwave is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on web sites outside of the iBwave family of web sites.
Non-personal data is information that does not identify you individually. iBwave may use, or share with third parties, non-personal data to improve our website, products and services.
x. Updates to the iBwave Data Protection Notice
From time to time, we may make changes to this notice to reflect changes in our business or to serve you better. If we update this notice, we will post the revised version here on our website (https://ibwave.com/legal/statement). We may also provide notification of updates by other means, such as emailing customers our updated privacy notice. iBwave will make reasonable efforts to publish any such changes in this notice, such as posting on this web site. You should review this notice periodically to stay informed of any changes. Please note the date of the notice above, so that you know when it was last updated.
xi. Contact us
If you want to exercise your rights or if you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
Address: 400 avenue Sainte-Croix, Suite 2100, Saint-Laurent, Quebec, H4N 3L4
Phone: +1 (514) 397-0606
Toll Free: +1 (855) 442-9283 (1.855.4.IBWAVE)
Fax: +1 (514) 409-2499
Email: [email protected]