Carrier RF Technical and Operations Lead
Ever wonder how you get cellular reception on your phone while in a building? Or at a venue? Or stadium? iBwave is the powerful 3D software behind great in-building wireless experience and is used by thousands of telecom engineers worldwide to design indoor wireless networks that let billions of end users (like you and me) use our mobile devices indoors. We’re considered the #1 choice of network design software worldwide and are proud of our 18 years history and successful track record.
Every day we come together as a company to deliver innovative and valuable solutions to our customers and the market. We push ourselves and each other to be our best so we can deliver our best. We value our people and believe that at the core of the company’s success are the people who work here (which hopefully one day, includes you).
As Carrier RF Technical and Operations Lead, you will help our customer AT&T install and upgrade iBwave software, support users and answer their questions on the features of iBwave software, collect feature requests and train users on new features. You will also work closely with our product and development team to prioritize bug fixes and new feature requests and help our commercial team position our products at AT&T.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support AT&T users by email, phone or online chat from Mon to Friday during business hours on problems/issues/questions related to the usage of current versions of iBwave Design Enterprise and Unity
- Log issues/bugs encountered by AT&T users, escalate to iBwave development team and provide a timeline for software maintenance releases for critical and important issues
- Hold weekly meetings with software operation manager about ongoing issues / open tickets for iBwave Design Enterprise and Unity and discuss need for maintenance software releases where appropriate
- Validation and User Acceptance Testing of all new builds prior to deployment within AT&T Organization
- Troubleshoot and identify problems in AT&T Networking and Tools environments
- Schedule upgrades of iBwave Unity with operation team and perform upgrade onsite of iBwave Unity
- Schedule upgrades of iBwave Design Enterprise on Citrix Servers with operation team and perform upgrade of iBwave Design Enterprise on Citrix Servers
- Act as Unity administrator (user management, report creation etc) Trainings and Adoption
- Schedule and organize web trainings on new iBwave features for all users of iBwave Design Enterprise and admin users of iBwave Unity to ensure adoption of new features
- Organize web trainings on specific features if requested by AT&T Standards/Operation Team or to ensure user adoption of new features
- Draft job aids at the request of AT&T Standards/Operation Team for better adoption of features and standardization of processes Feature Requests and Product Evolution
- Gather feedback on feature requests from AT&T Standards Team
- Draft clear feature specifications and relay information to iBwave Product team
- Maintain and curate AT&T Jira items and backlog tracking
- Liaise regularly with AT&T National Team to review feature request tracker, deliverables, and roadmap development
- Close collaboration with R&D to develop, deliver and integrate solutions within AT&T to ensure smooth adoption of customer requested features and functionality
- Collaborate with PLM and Market Dev to rank and prioritize customer needs
- Convey and prioritize customer needs and sentiment internally within all functional groups at iBwave to ensure sound decision making
- Organize and participate in discussions about feature requests between AT&T Standards Team and iBwave Product team during quarterly meetings Commercial
- Support iBwave Commercial and Product teams with strategic decision making
- Leverage customer intimacy to uncover and create potential opportunities and devise targeted approaches to enable sales or increase tool adoption
- Demo of new products to potential customers
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B.Eng. with 2 to 5 years of experience in RF Engineering
- Excellent customer service skills (experience in a customer service is an asset)
- Problem solver, methodical, attention to
- Passionate about new technology and computers
- Quick Learner, team spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong stress resistance and diplomatic skills
- Knowledge of iBwave sofftware, possession of iBwave certifications is an asset
- Knowledge of Windows Server, networking protocols, web servers installation and configuration is an asset
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other support requests tracking systems is an asset
- Knowledge of JIRA is an asset
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
LOCATION: Remote US
TYPE: Full time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.