WHO WE ARE
We are the industry standard wireless network design software used all over the world. What does that mean? It means, if you are ever indoors and have good cellphone reception, chances are pretty good that network was designed with our software. And what started 16 years ago as a 2-person startup providing software for designing indoor cellular networks has quickly evolved into the 100+ employees company we are today with several software products and mobile apps.
YOU WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Support Software Developer to work with our engineering and product teams to create high-quality solutions to address client issues found on the field. Reporting to the Manager, the Support Software Developer role is a key role within the team to address client needs, build robust software support solutions, and maintain top-tier satisfaction with the users of our products.
The role will require a DevOps mindset and practice; developing and deploying new solutions to quickly support clients with new features and fixes.
If you’re a talented programmer that loves working with the latest technology, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be part of a scrum team of 6-9 people and your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Support Staff, Architects and Product Owners to review the quality of our software on the field, study end-to-end software flows, and break down issues on the field into scriptable, repairable software solutions
- Working closely with the UX team to relay client issues to improve the user interface
- Executing end to end software development and deployment in a scrum team
- Participating in the analysis, design, and implementation of new functionalities based on patterns of issues found on the field using C#, .NET Core, and the .NET Framework
- Maintaining and improving the performance of existing software
- Participating in code reviews and write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Championing and creating improvements to existing software programs as necessary across the entire R&D organization
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Software Development
- Strong Object-oriented Programming knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of C#, .NET Framework 4.x, and .NET Core
- You are adept at building scalable and modular software; architecting a solid software product you would be proud of
- You have a keen understanding of the end-to-end user flows of software to either reproduce issues found on the field, or to build tracing and tools to discover the root cause of issues.
- You encourage good design and refactoring to minimize technical debt in a collaborative team-based approach
- You ensure that the solutions you create are integrated and tested on a regular basis, via the practice of continuous integration (CI)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Creativity, autonomy, team player, organization skills
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common software development tools and source control systems (notably Git)
Fields we work in:
- 3D Visualization and CAD
- High performance computing
- Ray tracing
- Experience in a Quality Assurance field is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Fiber Network or RF Design is considered a strong asset
- Knowledge or experience with developing Drafting (CAD) and/or GIS tools is an asset
LOCATION: Montreal (Ville St-Laurent), Québec
TYPE: Permanent / Full-Time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.